Software Engineer (Data)
London, England, United Kingdom · Technology · Full time
Who they are:
They are changing the face of makeup through technology and eCommerce. They are on a mission to give people the right tools to be their best by offering effortless, personalised beauty for all ages.
They are proud to have achieved tremendous growth in 3+ years of operation - generating millions of sales, acquiring hundreds of thousands of supporters all over the world, developing hit products that customers truly love, and more importantly, building a talented, fun and motivated team. The opportunity ahead is immense. To fuel their progress, they move incredibly fast and work in a hyper-growth environment. This role will be part of the Data/BI team here (sitting inside the technology team and reporting to the VP of Data). They're a data driven company and this team sits right in the heart of that ethos.
- Create and maintain ETL/Data pipelines
- Source data from their 3rd Party SaaS Tools (Commercetools, Adyen, Stripe etc)
- Validate large and complex datasets
- Automating manual processes, optimising data delivery
- Work closely with the wider engineering team to make sure data warehousing is a first class concern
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in their data systems
- Experience working on high transactional eCommerce platforms and payments
- Strong knowledge of Data Pipelines and how to build projects from scratch (Golang
- Ability to work with & upgrade legacy code.
- Experience with working in a Continuous Delivery environment.
- Advance working knowledge of SQL.
- Exposure to any of the following:
- Experience in using AWS and GCP services in a production environment.
- AWS Lambda/GCP Cloud Functions
- AWS SNS/SQS
- Great location: easy to get to from South Kensington and Sloane Square
- Talented team: collectively having delivered many best in class products at scale - globally
- Culture is a king: dedicated to ownership and recognition of effort
- Contemporary tech: cloud native and committed to supporting emerging technologies such as GraphQL and TypeScript
- Training & Education - training, lunch & learn sessions, workshops, meetups
- Pension - company pension contribution via NEST
- Generous holiday allowance
- Fantastic employee discount with a free welcome stack so you’ll always feel great!