Engineering Tech Lead (Backend)
Our client is on a mission to power purpose into every financial transaction worldwide. Using their global charitable disbursement rails, they help businesses build purpose into their digital products and experiences by connecting them to nonprofits across the globe and disbursing donations quickly, safely and efficiently.
This position will lead their disbursement and compliance team technically. This team implements the APIs and user experience to expand the donations platform for their partners. You will be part of an autonomous, cross functional product team able to make its own decisions based on the objectives set by the business.
Team leads at our client's company currently perform a hybrid programming and management role. Day to day you will be expected to write code, manage technical planning and delivery, manage the progression of engineers and work with the team's product manager to prioritise and refine technical work. You will report directly to their head of engineering.
• At least 5 years experience building APIs and working with databases.
• In depth knowledge of TypeScript
• A keen interest in design, product, and engineering and knowledge of how these integrate seamlessly
• Experience working on a large or complex production codebase
• Experience developing secure, scalable, resilient systems
• A fundamental understanding of databases (we currently use Postgres)
• Experience of monitoring systems, continuous integration and automated testing
• An ability to keep your team happy and productive
• Comfortable managing business expectations, resolving conflicts, and keep stakeholders aligned
• The ability to establish new approaches to improve productivity
And even better, although not necessarily, you might also have knowledge of:
• Developing front end applications
• Managing a team
• Modern front end technologies (we currently use React)
• Encouraging curiosity in your colleagues