DS Group have partnered with a company which is the global leader in synthetic media. Their vision is to build the first fully programmable video generation platform and help everyone transform non-video content into video.
They are already working with some of the world’s biggest companies and celebrities such as David Beckham and Lionel Messi, BBC, EY, Facebook, McDonalds, Amazon and WPP.
Their Messi campaign collaboration received a Cannes Lion Award in 2021 and they’ve raised more than $66M so far from names like Marc Cuban, First Mark Capital, Seedcamp, Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins and more.
About the Position
This company are pioneering the field of synthetic media and are looking for a Language Engineer to join the team to help make synthetic humans look and sound exactly like a real person in video. In this position, you'll be working to help them connect text-to-video. They give users the ability to create video on demand with synthetic humans simply by writing and directing the script. You will be a central part of a small dynamic team that helps connect the script to the final audio-visual performance that we generate.
The company are very proud of their research culture and the impact they have achieved in visual synthesis of digital humans with their AI Avatars. You'll have the opportunity to work with multiple R&D teams across diverse areas in direct collaboration with internationally leading academics. As they scale you'll become a fundamental part of how the future of synthetic media is shaped.
- Build their end-to-end pipeline for textual data acquisition
- Automate their data ingestion and annotation processes
- Unify natural language processing across languages
- Build and deliver multi-lingual data-sets
- Deliver phonemic transcriptions
- Build a pipeline for phonemization of data-sets
- Develop rules for text normalization
- Develop methods to extract linguistic structure and semantics
- Improve natural language understanding in audio/video synthesis
- Define how they test and evaluate quality for synthetic media
- BA in Linguistics
- MSc in Computational Linguistics and Speech Processing
- Native-level speaker of English
- Strong understanding of multi-lingual phonetics
- Practical experience in transcribing, annotating and analyzing speech
- Theoretical and practical experience with NLP, ASR, TTS, machine translation
- Experienced in machine learning (PyTorch) and software development (Python)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
In short: You have a passion for computational linguistics, you care about the detail, you take pride in what you deliver and you want to have an impact. This is an exciting opportunity to join a world-class research team building a completely new category of technology.
- Stock Option Plan
- Flexible Work From Home Policy
- Very competitive compensation
- Great office location in the heart of Soho (London)
- Annual company retreats
Why now is a really exciting time to join this company?
- The company is the world’s leader in synthetic AI video generation working with some of the world’s biggest corporate and media brands
- They have crazy user traction with our first self-service product for businesses in just a year since the unveiling
- They have a very high NPS of 71 and growing
- They are launching new super exciting products in 2022
🚀 They are still a small team of 80 people and are growing fast! Join the rocketship while it's taking off.