Lead Back End Developer -
About our client
DS Group are working with an award-winning VC backed SaaS platform providing content marketing software to thousands of customers, high growth and a vision to become the number one content marketing platform in the world. With over 45,000 users globally our client is chosen by leading brands and SME’s for their innovative content planning, collaboration and publishing features.
If you are a passionate engineer who leads from the front, who is there for your team, motivating them to deliver outstanding work, who your team have confidence in and enjoy working for, you can be a key figure in the growth journey they are pursuing. If you're a good collaborator who approaches Leadership by offering strong, open and honest feedback to other engineers alongside coaching with real time conversations and feedback, this is the right role.
They are looking for someone who is a lead engineer with experience in scaling teams and platforms, and can adapt to change, whilst keeping them at the cutting edge of technology, and stamp out the legacy code.
They use a variety of AWS services for hosting their SaaS platform including ECS, SNS, SQS, SES, Lambda, Postgres, NodeJS micro-services and a common language of typescript for all their engineers. They also have some greenfield projects for 2021/2022 that they are keen to get you involved in from the start.
• Get to know the products and take ownership of all aspects of backend development.
• Be an active participant in hiring and growing the technology team.
• Be a line manager, perform 1:1’s and performance reviews
• Take the lead in agile ceremonies, run a squad and chapter meetings
• Define best practices and ensure they are met, including levels of quality and monitoring.
• Lead by example and actively participate in building and shipping code changes.
• Work with other tech leads and head of technology to shape the future of technology, including ownership of the technical road map.
• Run technical workshops, architectural design sessions, and feel comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders.
• Think creatively to provide innovative solutions to problems.
• Mentor and coach junior members of the team and encourage open and candid feedback.
• Promote learning and sharing of ideas.
A competitive salary, depending on experience level.
Included in the share options scheme.
Excellent employee benefits including 25 days holiday, We Work office benefits, Perkbox, pension, health insurance option and a company MacBook.