Lead Software Engineer (Fullstack)
Our client's mission is to change the way the world works and they're building a product that does just that.
They make it easy for global teams to access workspace — from an hour to a whole day — anywhere in the world, at the touch of a button.
Through our client, companies can give their employees ultimate flexibility by allowing them to choose where they want to work. In turn, this reduces commutes, benefiting both people and the planet - as well as allowing employers to make existing offices work more efficiently.
They've gone through unprecedented growth in the last year: they’ve expanded to more than 40 countries, onboarded thousands of users and seen demand grow like never before. They’re building the technology infrastructure to support the revolution in how people work, and have been joined by an amazing team to help them deliver it to some of the world’s most exciting businesses.
About the Job
You’ll join their remote team to work on executing an evolving product roadmap and will be among their first engineers to tackle this global opportunity. Along the way, you’ll lead feature teams, own large parts of the product and be part of an amazing wider team making a big impact at a global scale.
They've already started onboarding some of the world's largest brands and are seeing rapidly growing demand, with hundreds of companies (av. 45,000 employees) interested in what they're building.
● Lead and nurture a feature team comprising a frontend engineer, a backend engineer and a designer.
● Analyse requirements and create user stories.
● Work closely with product designers, users and internal stakeholders to drive new initiatives.
● Build brand new functionality from the ground up using the latest web and server technologies including Cloudflare Workers, Vite, GraphQL and Tailwind CSS.
● Develop customer (and other stakeholder) products and internal tools.
● Build out and take ownership over their internal design system and supporting libraries, integrating them into their products.
● Monitor performance and continuously iterate off the back of user feedback.
● Strong leadership skills with a passion to nurture and develop a team.
● Strong understanding of web standards and accessibility.
● Passionate about accessibility and delivering the best possible user experience (and DX for internal libraries).
● A keen interest in the latest technologies such as selective hydration, streaming HTML and edge compute.
● Experience working with design systems and component based development.
● Experience with Node.js and cloud technologies.
● Experience shipping consumer and business facing applications.
● A background in design is desirable.
● Knowledge of Google Cloud and Kubernetes is desirable.
● Ambition to deliver world class software.
● You love to learn and continually develop yourself and your wider team.
● Like to have fun, interact well with others and be a team player.
● Eligible to work in the UK.
● Based in a timezone within 3 hours of the UK.
Why this company?
Your career and progression are massively important to them. That’s why they’re building complete career progression transparency—mapping salaries and company share options to every stage of your development—so that you know exactly how you can progress, and how much you’ll be paid when you achieve your goals. They also happen to be a leading company in one of the biggest market changes in history!
Here’s what we have for you so far (but they want to add to their benefits all the time as they grow)
● Regular salary reviews measured against transparent, clearly defined milestones and market benchmarks.
● With company performance related bonuses - when they do well, you do well.
● Not to mention Share Options in their company that grow as you do.
● They’re a company built around the idea of flexible working. They don’t just sell the dream, they live it.
● As long as you’re hitting your targets & covering your contracted hours they’re easy about when you work - it’s what works best for you.
● You’ll get free access to the company's app to work from wherever’s most convenient or best for you. Anywhere.
● Or if working from home makes most sense for you, then feel free to work from home. Just know that you’ll have the option to use any of the spaces in their network.
● You’ll officially get 28 days in their contract.
● Unofficially, they’re pretty relaxed. If you’re doing a great job and not taking the mickey, who’s counting?
● Also, take your birthday off, no questions.
● Meaningful work with people who care.
● They work with you to set and achieve your professional and personal goals.
● Friday afternoons are dedicated to personal development - read, meet with mentors, listen to Podcasts, jump on YouTube - but there’s one catch: it has to be relevant to your role & they want to hear what you’ve been learning so they can all benefit and grow too.
● Personal budgets for books, training courses and conferences for everyone.
● Pension = They offer a 4% employer contribution (they pay you 100% of your salary, then 4% extra into your pension).
● They use SMART Pensions because they invest in passive Index Funds that are relatively low cost - meaning they should (note the emphasis on should) provide better returns than actively managed funds in the long-term.
● They’ll automatically enrol you but you can choose to opt-out if you’d like.