We are partnered with an innovative applied AI lab, looking to have a radical impact across multiple industry sectors, building advanced AI applications utilising the latest in machine learning, deep learning research and software. They genuinely believe diversity of thought, background and experience is essential for the culture and the tech they're building. They celebrate all the things that make them individuals and they’re creating a space where they can collaborate together. If this sounds good to you then we encourage you to please apply and if there’s anything we can do to accommodate you during interviews please let us know.
We’re looking for world-class Product Managers to grow their Product team. They are a multi-disciplinary organisation of ML researchers, software engineers and product managers working in collaboration with partners and customers to build AI-first products that deliver radical impact in the real-world.
Based in the heart of London, they are an applied AI start-up with a difference. Privately funded by Kinetik (https://kinetik.vc/), they offer all the advantages of working for an early stage start-up, as well as the ability to focus on building high-quality, high-impact systems. Their mission is to build intelligence that delivers radical impact by applying the latest ML research to real business challenges.
Many ML researchers are incentivized to focus exclusively on academic success metrics, and not enough businesses have the risk appetite to test applied ML. By assembling a team of world-class ML researchers, software engineers and product managers they believe they can bridge the gap between academic research and real world commercial challenges to deliver revolutionary products with machine learning.
They believe in building vertically integrated AI products, not just another AI layer on top of already existing products.
Areas they’re currently focused on disrupting include e-commerce, the supply chain and manufacturing. However, we won’t limit ourselves to these areas and will investigate many industries which we believe can be made better with the use of AI.
About the team
They're really proud of the team they are building. They are kind and compassionate people, who like to work in an environment where they feel empowered, excited by their work, and happy. A bunch of them previously worked at the likes of DeepMind, Google, Facebook, Amazon and Microsoft and believe that the opportunity is huge. They learn, they grow together and they always strive to make a real-world impact.
Their office is in central London and they have adopted a fully hybrid way of working. They each aim to be in the office in person 2-3 days per week, whilst leaving it up to individuals to manage their own time/location.
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for helping to define and manage the products that will enable the lab to bring artificial intelligence to our world, furthering their mission to create radical, positive impact.
They are a group of techno-enthusiasts and are looking for someone with energy and vision to help shape the future of the Lab and the world we live in.
In this role you will:
● Steer the technical strategy and prioritise learnings across Design, Engineering and Research teams;
● Develop product vision(s) and validate / invalidate hypotheses;
● Communicate what they are trying to build and why they are trying to build it to technical teams to empower them to solve customer problems creatively;
● Manage and prioritise a Discovery pipeline of potential products as well as assessment criteria
● Contribute to building out a new way of managing and building AI-first products,
● Understand the market and customer and bring those learnings back to the team;
● Focus on impact by taking a customer-centric approach
● Assess technical feasibility along with the technical teams, understand desirability of potential customers and assess viability of early stage products
● Lead qualitative and quantitative research to reduce uncertainty
● Collaborate on building Product Strategy and Tactical frameworks.
● Find and engage with subject matter experts to create product strategies and shared goals.
First and foremost, they’re looking for smart, inquisitive people who want to come and learn and grow with us. The details in this section are not prescriptive! If you don’t tick all the boxes but you’re interested in working with us we would love to hear from you.
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience in a relevant field
● Experience building real-world products from research breakthroughs
● Exposure to AI/ML algorithms
● Exceptional cross-functional communication skills
● Drive progress towards long-term strategic goals in the face of ambiguity and complexity
● Entrepreneurial mindset and a deep curiosity for how the world works
Nice to have
● MSc or PhD in a relevant field
● Prior experience in a technical/research position
● Experience in an early stage startup
● Experience building machine learning products