Our client is a technology start-up focused on solving the increasing data challenges created by the continued growth of private markets, private equity, venture capital, real estate, and others. They utilize a variety of artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques to automate the extraction of critical data from unstructured and semi-structured documents, simplifying the demanding workflows of private market participants such as institutional investors, funds, and fund administrators.
The company was founded in 2018 by an experienced team of FinTech, alternative investment and financial markets professionals with offices in London, New York, Toronto, and Paris.
They are hiring a talented Senior (Analytics) Data Engineer professional to join their Data Engineering team. As an early hire in the team, you will have a unique opportunity to make a significant impact on their analytics product. As such, you should enjoy working in a dynamic start-up environment and have excellent technical skills, as well as verbal written and communication.
As an experienced Analytics Data Engineer, you and the Data Engineering team will work closely with the Engineering and Product teams to create their analytics platform, to select the best data analytics frameworks, and manage their data.
• Analyze and restructure raw data (data modeling)
• Perform ETL process on data
• Implement and maintain data store
• Improve data quality, efficiency, and reliability
• Implement analytical tools and programs
• Collaborate with product owners and architects on analytics projects
• Experience architecting and implementing data pipelines
• Technical expertise with data models and analytics techniques
• Experience with big data frameworks, cloud platforms, and tools (Specifically experience with Spark, AWS, Databricks would be highly beneficial)
• Experience with different data storage designs i.e Data Lakes, SQL and NoSQL database design. (Arango DB would be a plus)
• Experience working in a dev-ops environment (exp. of Terraform would be beneficial)
• Fluent in one of the following programming languages: Python, SQL, PySpark
• Experience in Financial data (and private markets data) is a plus
• Good communication skills with product owners and junior data
• Permanent position with competitive compensation
• Working in a dynamic start-up environment
• Hybrid working.
• Cycle to work scheme (London).
• More benefits as they grow