Who are we?
We’re an AI company with a mission of transforming breakthrough discoveries in deep supervised and semi-supervised learning into products that actually help people. Our mission is to use AI technology to solve real human level problems across the world.
Our team takes deep learning research and applies it to new use-cases in auto insurance, natural disaster recovery and beyond. We take ideas from an interesting teatime chat, to a proof-of-concept, to a first customer, to a global expansion, in a matter of months. Our focus is on creating scalable, fully AI solutions to some of the trickiest unsolved problems in computer vision, and our innovation has improved the lives of 100,000s of people so far (really). We’re a fun and ambitious team, and looking for someone to join us on our exciting journey!
Claim Review Ingestion Team - Who we are & What we do
The Claim Review Ingestion team is an ML & Engineering backend team responsible for ingesting semi-structured and unstructured data and composing these as structured data objects for downstream services consumption. The team consists of 4 engineers and 2 researchers, working together to build image analysis and natural language processing solutions in an AWS microservice architecture. The teams’ goal 2021 is to increase the number of documents ingested by allowing ingestion of faxed documents, introducing challenges in document analysis. The quality and technical solutions implemented by the team impact the full-end product, from how well our visual AI works to how well the data can be displayed for the end-user.
What will you be doing?
As an Applied Researcher you will be working closely with other researchers, engineers, and product experts to ensure our ingestion process of faxed documents are translated into real value for our customers and enable other technical teams to reliably deliver their products.
This involves learning the use cases of customers around the world, developing and adapting our product to work for them, and coming up with novel ways to use document analysis, and OCR to solve problems at scale.
What we're looking for...
- Someone who has a proven track-record of solving complex real-world problems with machine learning. Computer Vision or NLP experience is not essential but strongly preferred.
- A strong product mindset - you’re always thinking about how your product can improve, and how you can mitigate risks at each point in the development cycle
- You are capable of producing production-quality Python code and comfortable with software development tools such as version control, formatters and testing.
- Strong problem solving skills and mathematics background (probability and statistics)
- Demonstrated experience tackling open ended research questions and turning them into a usable prototype
- Strong communication & collaboration skills to adapt to our highly collaborative environment
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle, CI/CD best practices, and Kubernetes is not essential but strongly preferred.
- Competitive salary
- 6 month salary reviews
- Visa sponsorship (if required)
- Pension scheme
- Bupa private healthcare (full coverage)
- Flexible hours & 2 days WFH per week
- Learning and Development budget
- Unlimited Coursera subscription
- Competitive maternity + paternity leave
- Daily snacks & soft drinks
- Regular company events such as Games Nights, Movie Nights, Lunch & Learns, Monthly Brunch and more
Central London with extremely flexible working
Stability during COVID-19:
We've made no furloughs and no redundancies during the pandemic. We've been doing well as a business during this period and have hired over 40 people during the pandemic across different areas of the business, with additional roles currently still open. As such, we can offer you a lot of confidence around career stability during this uncertain time.