Our client is an award winning sustainable fintech consultancy applying innovative connected data approaches (graph databases, semantic and related technologies) to complex requirements for NGOs and the financial services industry.
They have extensive experience in developing ESG investment software leveraging the latest data science, big data, machine learning, data visualisation and financial analysis techniques. Our client is a recognised thought leader applying these technologies in projects such as Trase.earth, Trase.finance, lucida.org, Orbitas.finance, and Forest500.org. Their work has been featured on national television, The Economist and in the Financial Times.
About the role
Ideally, a more experienced candidate will have a Computer Science background, demonstrable leadership experience and portfolio pieces illustrating Data Engineering and Data Science skills. It is useful, but not essential, to have experience using graph / semantic / linked data technologies, graphql, graph databases, Natural Language Processing (NLP) and machine learning techniques.
Required skills Must haves:
- Educational Background in Computer Science or alternative STEM degree
- 2+ years of commercial experience essential
- Experience of developing complex ETL pipelines
- Experience of wrangling data, standardising and conforming data to common data models
- Experience developing on AWS essential (using a variety of the tools available) - Experience of SDLC systems (specifically Git, Jira, deployment models)
Nice to haves:
• Experience of working with corporate data e.g. in a financial crime analytics, AML / KYC environment
• Experience of data matching and entity resolution (e.g. addresses, names and companies)
• Experience of deploying Microservices helpful
• Experience of GraphQL API development very useful
• Experience of modern development standards and best practices - TDD, CI/CD very useful
We are recruiting on the basis of 3 staffing models for this role:
• London based - 50 / 50 office & remote based.
• Hybrid - 1 day per week travel to the London office
• Fully remote in Europe with occasional travel to London
• Annual discretionary bonus scheme
• Flexible working practices with a focus on remote working
• 25 days starting holiday
• Eligibility to company share options scheme after passing 6 month probationary period
1. Initial Interview
2. 2nd Interview / Technical exercise
3. Final interview & exercise feedback