Senior Frontend Engineer
About this role:
DS Group are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to fill this unique opportunity as you will be building a product for yourself and other software engineers. The client is one you use every day, not the browser or your phone, but your code editor. The backend combines an API gateway to issue trackers with business logic. This company needs someone to help to tackle fresh challenges and grow their product now that they’ve found product-market fit.
Your main goal is to lead the development of product features. Day-to-day you will be building React apps that run-in editors, but also in the browser and third-party tools like Jira.
To do this, you'll need to:
- Assemble components from their UI library
- Connect them together and write all the state management logic
- Ensure that you are shipping often and provide a great user experience
- Collaborate with their UI engineer, to refine their UI toolkit
- Collaborate with backend engineers throughout a feature's delivery
- Take on backend work every now and then to deliver features faster
At this company, all engineers own the delivery of projects.
You'll estimate the cost features and collaborate with product designers to refine scope. It is important in this role to always want to be focusing your energy on high impact work.
What they’re looking for:
Here are some attributes they think would make for a good candidate:
- You have 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- You have 3+ years of experience building frontend applications using React & TypeScript
- You have strong experience scaling React codebases
- You have strong experience configuring & leveraging frontend tooling
- You’ve worked with external & custom component libraries
- You’ve worked with a backend Node.js framework (not essential)
- You care deeply about providing users with a great experience
If you think you would be a great fit for this role then please do get in touch!