Senior Node.js Engineer
DS Group are working with a company who are building complete career progression transparency--mapping salaries and company share options to every stage of your development--so that you know exactly how you can progress, and how much you’ll be paid when you achieve your goals. They also happen to be a leading company in one of the biggest market changes in history!
They are a digital infrastructure for the next workspace evolution. For years, global companies have been wasting trillions a year on expensive, underutilised offices that no longer meet the needs of their people. The global pandemic response has completely magnified the issue, leading to billions in long-term leases being eliminated worldwide so that companies can give their staff way more flexibility. They make a globally complex (very valuable) challenge really easy to manage at scale. They’re based between the UK, the US, and Sweden. The role is remote but if you’re based in any of those, it would be a bonus!
About the Job
They’re looking for an experienced Node.js Engineer to join their remote team to work on executing their ambitious product roadmap. You’ll be among their first engineers to tackle this massive opportunity and, along the way, you’ll have loads of responsibility, own large parts of the product and be part of an amazing team growing a global business.
Their monorepo backend powers their native iOS app, their native Android app, and their single-page web applications (SPAs). It also houses their event driven applications to deliver data to third parties. Using the latest technologies, you will help build the backend to deliver exciting new functionality to serve some of the most renowned brands in the world.
● Build brand new functionality from the ground up using the latest server technologies.
● Develop customer (and other stakeholder) products and internal tools.
● Integrate into third party APIs and providers to harness data from multiple sources.
● Experience with gRPC, Protocol Buffers, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Docker, Kubernetes , Github Actions and cloud service providers (we use Google Cloud).
● Experience shipping consumer and business facing applications.
● Ambition to deliver world class, quality software.
● You love to learn and continually develop yourself and your wider team.
● Like to have fun, interact well with others and be a team player.
● Based in a timezone between UTC and UTC+3.