As a senior developer with our client you’re at your happiest when building interactive products and websites that people love! You have an eye for the finest details, and you’re just as happy nerding out in a code review as you are creating a fresh and squeaky-clean orchestration layer. Being senior means you are skilled and experienced and people like to come to you for advice; that’s something you relish and take the opportunity to mentor those around you. Code quality, test coverage and application security are all important to you. You're able to make calculated decisions about what tools to use, both front and back end, based on conversations with clients and other team members. Having those conversations is also something you enjoy.
Working with your colleagues you scope out project estimates, plan sprints and then put the solution into practice. You enjoy being productive and helping others to be so too. You also look forward to joining some of your colleagues on daily kick off calls or sharing something cool you've found with the dev team in their weekly catch ups. You love the idea of developing highly functional (yet very beautiful), data-rich web applications with a hyper-clean and focused UI. Sometimes these apps get complex, but that doesn’t phase you because you know full well that we can figure it out together.
Your experience also means that you’re well equipped to keep moving forward. Knowing and loving tech like you do, you're excited by the future of the web, what lies ahead with advances in technologies like React, Typescript, GraphQL and Node.
Our client is an independent digital studio. They design and build digital products for wonderful organisations, entrepreneurs, and start-ups. They create websites, products, and platforms for clients working in green energy, lifestyle, e-commerce, mental health, entertainment and a bunch of other verticals – all with a bias towards making the world and life for humans a little better.
They strive to work on projects that bring meaningful change to the world, which will positively affect their clients and their users' lives.
Their London office has 12 super talented developers and they need another to join the team; they’re a growing business.
They believe that the best work happens where different points of view come together to solve problems.They recognise that many groups are currently underrepresented in their industry and seek people that can bring diverse perspectives, life experiences, educational backgrounds and cultures to the team. As such, they encourage applications from women and other minority groups in the industry. If you think this is the right role for you, even if you don't tick off everything listed in the job spec, please get in touch.
● You have experience with TypeScript.
● You have experience with GraphQL.
● You have experience with CSS, Grid, and Styled Components.
● You have experience working with AWS
● You have good written and spoken communication skills.
● You have experience building functional & data-rich web apps.
● You have experience using tools like Webpack and Babel.
● You have experience writing robust automated tests.
● You have lots of experience using Git
● You have experience giving high quality code reviews.
● You enjoy working with designers, and design tools such as Figma.
Non-essential skills – you will learn these if you don’t know them!
● You should have experience acting as lead developer on projects
● You should be able to understand directional briefs and business requirements.
● You should be self-driven, and be able to work independently, and without micro-management.
● You should be able to work efficiently, and iterate often without letting code quality deteriorate.
● You should want to actively contribute to our team culture.
● You should want to help others to deliver excellence in code.
● You should have experience with Containers, general DevOps, AWS and CI.
● You should have experience with tools such as Prisma ORM, Apollo (client and server), NextJS, NestJS, NX and Svelte.
● You should have experience with headless CMS services such as GraphCMS, Prismic and Sanity.
Nice to haves
● You should be able to think strategically. The ability to evaluate options in the short, medium, and long-term, balancing short-term pressures against longer-term strategic requirements is part of the day-to-day.
● Access to Private Healthcare
● Salary Sacrifice EV scheme
● Cycle to work scheme
● Up to 20% discretionary bonus
● 25 days annual leave
● 3% full salary pension contributions
● Join a B Corp Certified agency genuinely committed to positive change
● Flexible working hours
● Majority remote working (if you want it!)
● Optional one paid day a year to work with our charity partners
● Delightful office in the heart of Shoreditch, London
● A killer setup to get your job done.
● Probably a birthday cake.
Please note, unfortunately they are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to live and work in the UK.