Senior NLP Scientist
About the Company:
This company is a start-up focused on helping professionals and small businesses make professional quality video quicker and faster- using tech and AI to replicate what videographers/ editors would do. They are VC backed and a team of international, driven individuals with experience in digital media, startups, sales, technology and data. They are backed by Antler, the founder of Lazada Group (exited >$1B) and one of the biggest Expert Speaker Networks in the world. Furthermore, they have won various grants from the UK and EU allowing them to develop Deep Tech features.
What they're looking for:
They are looking for an exceptional Senior NLP Scientist to support them in leading their NLP projects that will become key parts of their Web and Mobile apps. You’ll be working with a team of adaptable, creative and product-focused leaders determined on shipping exceptional software.
- Currently has or is in the process of obtaining a PhD in Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related fields OR you may not have a PhD but have comparable professional experience.
- Deep awareness of recent large-scale Transformer models (GPT-3, etc.).
- In-depth understanding of both classic and modern NLP techniques
- Evidence of technical ownership of large projects
- Strong software engineering skills and best practices
- Fluency in Python, and experience with PyTorch and Transformers libraries
- Practical experience customizing and shipping language models (end-to-end development)
- You will lead and be the responsible of the NLP strategy and roadmap.
- Design, implement and evaluate NLP algorithms to solve the most challenging problems in industry
- You will support Product Development Roadmap, working with other researchers, UI/UX designers and product managers.
- Stay up to date with the published state of the art, and strive to innovate beyond it.
- Alongside their team you’ll support in the development of features for their Webapp- front and/or back end.
- You’ll work closely with the team to implement core product features [confidential but they're very exciting!!!]
What do you get:
- As an early-stage company, they are creative and things move quickly. You’ll get the opportunity to be involved in strategic decisions, decide your workload and see the impact of your decisions on our products.
- The opportunity to future build a team around you.
- You will receive equity in the company and the potential to share in its success.
- They offer flexible work hours and remote working from within the UK
- Start Date: ASAP
- Role: Full time
- Compensation: To be discussed, competitive
- Location: Fully Remote from within the Uk
- 1 Technical Screening
- 1 Founders’ introduction + 1 Founders’ in-depth (might be combined)
- 1 Technical Interview
- 1 Investor interview